Valaris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mighty kingdoms dot a vast landscape filled with danger and treasure.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Alistair Dragmog

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SirChris87

SirChris87

Alistair Dragmog Empty
PostSubject: Alistair Dragmog   Alistair Dragmog I_icon_minitimeThu 10 Apr 2014, 01:37

Alistair Dragmog
Sex: Male
Race: Human
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 190lbs.
Discription: See avatar
Weapons: Longsword (mw), Composite Longbow (mw), 30 Arrows (mw), 70 Arrows
Armor: Scale Mail (mw), Heavy Wooden Shield
Back to top Go down
Bjorkas

Bjorkas

Alistair Dragmog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alistair Dragmog   Alistair Dragmog I_icon_minitimeThu 10 Apr 2014, 11:06

Race: human

One of these things is not like the others. ~.o

But seriously, are you a shapeshifter or something? 'Cause that's pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
SirChris87

SirChris87

Alistair Dragmog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alistair Dragmog   Alistair Dragmog I_icon_minitimeThu 10 Apr 2014, 17:35

I am that little guy on the dragon. I am a dragonbound rider.
Back to top Go down
Bjorkas

Bjorkas

Alistair Dragmog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alistair Dragmog   Alistair Dragmog I_icon_minitimeThu 10 Apr 2014, 17:42

Woah. I thought the guy was like a scale or ridge on its back. Sounds cool, dude.
Back to top Go down
Lilly

Lilly

Alistair Dragmog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alistair Dragmog   Alistair Dragmog I_icon_minitimeThu 10 Apr 2014, 19:17

I have one Question who gave you permission for wyavern or a dragon to ride at lv one?
Back to top Go down
Bjorkas

Bjorkas

Alistair Dragmog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alistair Dragmog   Alistair Dragmog I_icon_minitimeThu 10 Apr 2014, 21:25

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Dragonbound_rider_(3.5e_Class)

He gets it at lvl 1 as basically a hatchling. At every odd level it advances an age category. He won't be able to actually ride it for a while.
Back to top Go down
Lilly

Lilly

Alistair Dragmog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alistair Dragmog   Alistair Dragmog I_icon_minitimeThu 10 Apr 2014, 22:04

ok i know jason has been telling all of you to use this sight  http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/All_Base_Classes  but we where never going to use that sight. the sight you really should be looking for your classes and stats are on this one.

http://www.d20srd.org
Back to top Go down
SirChris87

SirChris87

Alistair Dragmog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alistair Dragmog   Alistair Dragmog I_icon_minitimeThu 10 Apr 2014, 22:22

Oh my bad! I didnt know this was your site. My mistake.
Back to top Go down
Lilly

Lilly

Alistair Dragmog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alistair Dragmog   Alistair Dragmog I_icon_minitimeThu 10 Apr 2014, 22:33

I know when people aren't taking this seriously. I know you think its my site no. We have been using this longer then all of you have been here. Im not sure when Jason thought it would be a good idea to start changing everything. But it stops now.Trust me when I say I've been ok with some stuff from the start. If it was anyone else they would have already told all of you to. Put your stats up use the http://www.d20srd.org/ and tell Jason to start use the in-game dice, that is provided for him.
Back to top Go down
SirChris87

SirChris87

Alistair Dragmog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alistair Dragmog   Alistair Dragmog I_icon_minitimeThu 10 Apr 2014, 23:14

Why would I not be taking this seriously when I have been putting all this effort into learning all this information.
Back to top Go down
Lilly

Lilly

Alistair Dragmog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alistair Dragmog   Alistair Dragmog I_icon_minitimeThu 10 Apr 2014, 23:39

But how can I truly know if your taking this seriously. Just by your word and Jason's. Now I have seen it work When I was not an admin. Now that I look at its gone to just one person in control. I mean look at the lot of you. Saying I don't wanna post my stats but its cool Jason has my Character sheet. You know any random person can say that. I Understand that some people wanna be fun classes. Hell im a Paladin one of the most OP classes in the game, Then there are the races look at the minotaur hes, I don't even now what lv any more but started at basically lv 7 or 6 when he was lv 1. I let that pass I even let the No stats pass but now that im looking at it its given to much power to Jason it needs to be spreed out. But this needs to Stop Hell I've gotten messages from Gorik saying he want to leave because of all of you, Hes been here from even before me hell its even stated in the Character use http://www.d20srd.org/ .I have not edited that thing i got that from the owner of the Forum he basically left us in charge to keep it going. Yes we managed to keep it going but only because I've been lenient towards Jason letting him do what he wanted and now that i see this was a mistake. Dont get me Wrong Jason is a Great admin and a good story teller but i just let him get away with what ever he wanted and that's how we got people managing to be lv 6 or 7 from lv 1, have dragons as pets from lv one, manage to competently destroy a army by yourself get random as hell classes that i don't even know of due to people thinking its a good idea to hid alll there info with one person. hell I'm not even sure if Jason is telling the truth when hes rolling his dice in his house yes I even let that slide. I wanted to keep this Forum going so that its was a fair way to play just like it used to be but now I don't even know.
Back to top Go down
SirChris87

SirChris87

Alistair Dragmog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alistair Dragmog   Alistair Dragmog I_icon_minitimeFri 11 Apr 2014, 00:35

Why is this all on my character forum? I have done nothing to you but you spited me from the being. My class is probably less OP then yours so I don't know why you are giving me all this grief!
Back to top Go down
Bjorkas

Bjorkas

Alistair Dragmog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alistair Dragmog   Alistair Dragmog I_icon_minitimeFri 11 Apr 2014, 00:40

Apparently issues have been brewing for a while before we got here, Chris. This forum obviously means a lot to her and it seems we're corrupting it.

Lilly: I thought I sent you all of my stats in a PM. I may have forgotten to hit send because I'm dumb and I tend to do that. Do you want me to resend them?

I took my Minotaur racial stats from the Monster Manual 1, and my Barbarian class stats from Player's Handbook 1. I couldn't send you the minotaur page from the PDF on my computer because that's not how the internet works, but I tried my best to keep you informed. You never responded to my PM, so I assumed you were cool with it all. I made sure allof my stuff is published D&D cannon because I'm a personal fan of the classics and don't really like home-brew personally. It's all legit. If Gorick wants to leave because he thinks I'm cheating, it's his choice. We aren't affecting his campaign. If we end up fighting, then I'll see his side of the story because I didn't work for my character. Until then, he can draw up a stone giant and still be legit. They get massive stats (+16 Strength, +4 Dexterity, +8 Constitution, +2 Wisdom, 14d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +10, 5 feats, and 11 natural armor) at level one because of what they are. They're ECL 15, but they're starting out legit as a lvl 1 barbarian according to the books. I think at one point I wanted to be a stone giant barbarian dual wielding +1 scimitars with improved critical, but Jason advised me against that one.

As far as the spread of power goes, most of the people here were invited to play by Jason. This forum is alive because we want to experience the world that is established here. From what I've seen, it's basically you, Gorick, and maybe Dolen (I don't know who plays him) from the old forum. On this end, I think there have five active players (one of us is selfish with three characters), and Jason is the only DM we've experienced. Heck, Jason is even DMing your campaign. If you want power, you'll have to contribute to our experience of the world in which we're playing. You'll get power by earning it, and we'll give it to you. At least I will, other people see you objecting without action and may not respect you because of it. If you want to post on my campaign and contribute to my experience, then please do. Until then all you have is a purple name.

I totally agree with in-game dice though. Jason is a wench for that.

Once again, if you want me to publish my stats publicly, then I can. If you want a link from D20, I can do that too. If you want me to resend my character stats to you, then I can. Tell me what you want, I'll work with you.
Back to top Go down
Bjorkas

Bjorkas

Alistair Dragmog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alistair Dragmog   Alistair Dragmog I_icon_minitimeTue 15 Apr 2014, 17:15

Are you going to confront this disagreement, or can we continue playing without your opinion about the way things should be run? I'm cool with working with you to reach agreement, but you can't just sit there and not reply. It's been 5 days.
Back to top Go down
Lilly

Lilly

Alistair Dragmog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alistair Dragmog   Alistair Dragmog I_icon_minitimeTue 15 Apr 2014, 22:44

SirChris87 I'm sorry if this looks like I'm picking on you but truly I'm not I am sorry if it looks that way.

Bjorkas, yes you did send me your stats in a PM, hell you even gave me the site of you Class and Race. But Only your stats for lv 1. I can make the most amazing story and I would love to, but the problem is I would have to estimate your lv as of now because i'm sure you have leveled at lest once in your story line. Due to this I can not accurately make a story with NPC's that mach your lv. Trust me when I say "I love seeing people crate things that are massively OP like your Minotaur, but at a price." Such as the negative stats you get because of your race when I looked at them I was thinking well he got plenty of negative to balance out the positive. Lets look at someone who has been here just a bit longer then you like Raethorn at first it looked alright until I noticed that everything he touches becomes afraid of him. So in turn that 3-4 man group that was attacking him just shit there pants, run away, or cant even fight back due to how scared they are of him. If I where to put you and him in a PVP fight at level one with your current weapons, armor, and such. You try to attack him, and hit you have to role a dice (Jason correct me if I'm wrong because I have no clue what his class is) for a fear check, every time you hit him and I'm taking a guess that you have to roll a will save to actually attack again if you are feared. The reason I wanted to use the http://www.d20srd.org/ is mostly for balance not to suppress people. I can handle change that's what makes the world go around but when its just like hey I'm here. No I'm not telling you anything about me, an Admin a DM well then I guess I cant help you

As I'm reading you post your right I do have to earn that power my name is nothing more Then purple to you and the rest I can respect that. But I can't just take it. This is a free Forum to see as you do fit. But the only way I can have power is by you guys if I don't know anything about you then I'm right out of luck. It truly is my fault that I can't do any thing The first friend of Jason. Didn't want to post his  character sheet due to What he called meta-gaming. I was trying to convince Jason to tell him to put his stats up but the Person would not listen, so I finale just caved in and let Jason and his friend due what they wanted i was thinking well maybe i can make a few story's with others if they joined I'd look at there character sheet to see what would best fit person with there back ground stats stuff like that. But After people started joining I got blank page after page.

If there is anything else just tell me and ill try to explain it. But I am glad you are trying to compromise. and You can keep going with your stores this was never meant to interrupt that.
Back to top Go down
Bjorkas

Bjorkas

Alistair Dragmog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alistair Dragmog   Alistair Dragmog I_icon_minitimeWed 16 Apr 2014, 02:50

That makes a lot of sense. If I may summarize? Without knowledge about what the character is capable of, you're shooting blindly in the dark to create an encounter that is both challenging and accomplishable. By keeping info between characters and Jason, your hands are tied and you can't DM. Because of that, you then lose power by no fault of your own.

Okay, so you're wanting us to send you updated char sheets at every level? That's totally doable for me at least. I can have those to you tomorrow. I'd love to see what's in your head for us.

How about Carthyra? I originally made her only to point out the wording issue in Barvica before I knew about the "D20 only" rule and had no real intention of playing her at initial conception. However, I grew fond of her as she became real to me. I also need to become accustomed to the alchemist system so I can use it well in a campaign I am DMing here at school. She's a D&Dwiki alchemist which is basically just a much weaker version of a sorcerer that puts spells into bottles and throws them with ranged touch attacks. It seems to me that the alchemist trades a good deal of the best solo spells for having as many potions as she can carry (10 in an Alchemist's robe as per Ultimate Equipment Guide Vol. I) if the time is taken to make them. It's kinda like a mentally challenged wizard storing their prepared spells in bottles. They're a heavily supporting role as is. I was wanting to have her attach potions to bolts in a similar way that thunderstones are and fire them from a crossbow to strengthen the class and make it more solo friendly. I'm pretty sure I've pitched the idea to Jason and he approved. How would you feel about that system? I'd love for you to take over her campaign while Jason has his way with Bjorkas.

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Alchemist_(3.5e_Class)

Also, if I may point out another issue with the rigid class limiting system.
The whole "everybody starts at lvl 1" thing you've got going on here really kills the potential for spell-casters because it will probably be several months to a year before a character gets good spells. Everything on here is basically solo questing. If you put NPCs in the adventure to carry a character at a weak level, the player loses their sense of accomplishment. We need stronger unorthodox lower level classes and more diverse races because everybody starts at lvl 1, and fighters/barbs/pallys/rogues are things we've all played before and have lost most interest in. Perhaps give the player the choice of starting at any level 1-5? The forum style of play offers an opportunity for diversity that isn't present in tabletop, and I would urge you to take advantage of that. Maybe that will require extensive modifying of classes in order to balance them, such as lowering the DC on Raethorn's aura of "create wuss" to create a balanced class or limiting extra-cannon classes to those that are deemed playable by the D&Dwiki community. Since the Sadist isn't, it apparently needs editing.

Either way, variety is the spice of life. I'd like to work on this so everybody wins. In the meantime, please get back to me about Carthyra. Also, maybe we should move this discussion to another thread and possibly make a new place dedicated to the balancing of potential class systems if everybody feels that's a reasonable solution to the problem.

Diplomacy check +10

Last edited by Bjorkas on Wed 16 Apr 2014, 02:59; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Darth Chuck Jackson
Admin
Darth Chuck Jackson

Alistair Dragmog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alistair Dragmog   Alistair Dragmog I_icon_minitimeWed 16 Apr 2014, 02:50

The member 'Bjorkas' has done the following action : Outcome

'D20' : 6
Back to top Go down
https://sw-eow.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

Alistair Dragmog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alistair Dragmog   Alistair Dragmog I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alistair Dragmog
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Valaris  :: General :: Characters-